The Central West WedFest
We hosted our first wedding expo on 28 January 2018, the Central West WedFest; and although the rain set in through the day this did not keep the crowds away. We were overwhelmed with the support that we received from the vendors and also the community! with nearly 300 people walking through the door on the day, attendance exceeded our expectations by nearly double! We had visitors who came over the hill from sydney and katoomba and from as far west as condobolin and dubbo.
it was early risings for most vendors with some setting up at 6.30am to get ready to meet happy couples from all over the central west while scotty and his team from al dente were on hand ready to provide the fuel they needed to seize the day.
it was everyone's first central west wedfest but we had a number of impressive vendors who's first time it was exhibiting at a wedding expo ever and if they hadn't told us we would have been none the wiser. The effort and level of quality that all of the vendors showcased in their spaces on the day was an absolute credit to their beautifully creative and talented minds. It set the scene for funky laid back vibes and most importantly ignited wedding inspo amongst our wedfest guests.
the rain brought the festivities to an end earlier than we would have hoped and while some ran like little ants back to their cars, spirits were still high among guests as most embraced the much needed (but poorly timed) down pour by taking cover in the marquees and the barn and spending some quality time getting to know their potential vendors.
Thank you to the people who took the time to fill out our post event survey and provide us with some great ideas to make future wedfests even better but most importantly, thank you for making sure that we know that this is an event you want in the central West.
We can't wait for next years festival And have already set a date:
9 FEBRUARY 2019
pop it in your diaries and make sure to let those newly engaged friends of yours know where to go to get the best wedding inspo in the central west.
2018 wedfest vendors:
- Amy Fulthorpe - Celebrant
- Bev's Catering - Catering & Cakes
- BoxGrove - Venue
- DoubleCliqueWeddings - Wedding Cinematography
- Hanging Willow Design - Stationary
- Jamie's Cake Decorating - Cakes & Favours
- Kirsten Cunningham - Photography
- Luxe Hair and Body - Hair and Make-up
- Miss Lilly Apparel - Bridal wear
- My Little Peony - Styling, Florals & Travelling bar
- Parkers Wedding Car - Wedding cars
- Studio C Bridal - Gowns
- Truly Yours - Celebrant
- The Studio Door - Wedding Cinematography
- Wild Blue Studio - Styling
- Al Dente - Catering
- Anima Clinica - Skin & Beauty
- Bathurst Tours - Travel
- By Wild Peony - Florals
- Chalk Creative Designs - Signage & Wedding stationary
- Eat Me Edible Goodies - Cakes & favours
- Ivory Rose Botanicals - Florals
- Kirralee Burke - Celebrant
- Light City Creative - Photography
- Matthew Harper - Photography
- Midco Vintage - Prop hire
- Nomadic Belle - Glamping
- Shiralee Archer - Florals
- Suaver - Music
- The Greenhouse of Orange - Venue